WildKrafty Aotearoa Limited collects and uses information through our website www.wildkrafty.co.nz or our online communications (such as email lists) for the purposes set forth within this policy.
Information collected includes personal information provided in contact inquiries, purchases, or when an individual subscribes to our email list. We require your e-mail address at a minimum, however, in some cases we also ask for additional information to help us better service you and fulfill your request. We do not collect any personal information that you do not expressly provide.
We value your privacy, and want to give you more control over how we collect your personal data. We will not sell, rent, or share your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes without your consent.
WildKrafty Aotearoa Limited complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
- Who do we collect personal information from?
We collect personal information about you:
- When you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products or from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- When you visit this website we collect anonymous information such as your IP address or domain name to analyze site traffic for “visits” but this information is not tied to a given user’s personal information. This information is collected and stored via Google Analytics.
- When you make a purchase on our website certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, may be collected. We do not receive or retain copies of this information on our server. We redirect visitors to a secure server to complete these transactions and all data is both collected and stored by these processors. Current payment gateways in user is maintained by Stripe.
- What do you do with my information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How we use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by phone, text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: WildKrafty Aotearoa Limited, 61 Atawhai Drive, Nelson, 7010, Aotearoa New Zealand
We endeavour to limit the transfer of your personal information to only that information that pertains to the service being provided by the third party.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- As previously stated: when you make a purchase on our website certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, may be collected. We do not receive or retain copies of this information on our server. We redirect visitors to a secure server to complete these transactions and all data is both collected and stored by these processors.
Current payment gateway in use is maintained by Stripe.
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- You credit card and banking information is not stored on WildKrafty Aotearoa Limited website.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Protecting your personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
- Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
- Internet use
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- If you post your personal information on our website’s blog posts, message board or chat room, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
An internet “cookie” is a small piece of code which is placed on your local computer when you visit our website. This helps us learn which areas of the website are useful to you and most used by our visitors.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings within your browser. If you disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Questions & contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at WildKrafty Aotearoa Limited, 61 Atawhai Drive, Nelson, 7010, Aotearoa New Zealand